Date posted: 7/30/18
Are you a born leader who loves advertising sales? Are you eager to motivate people? If so, the Herald-Whig wants to speak with you!
We’re looking for a retail advertising manager with passion and initiative. Someone who is creative, flexible and assertive. You must be able to think and operate strategically and tactically and have excellent written, presentation and oral skills.
Our next Retail Advertising Manager will lead a team of 6 retail advertising sales executives to achieve and surpass their sales goals. We’re looking for someone who focuses on delivering value to our customers. Someone who will drive results while growing and mentoring our sales team. Someone who represents our newspaper in a positive light to the community we serve. This person will have the opportunity to advance their career to become our next Advertising Director after receiving coaching and training from the Publisher.
Our ideal Retail Advertising Manager will have:
• A minimum of five years advertising sales leadership experience. Only candidates with relative newspaper industry experience will be considered.
• Magazine experience. (considered a plus).
• The ability to develop/execute advertising sales plans to achieve print/digital revenue goals.
• Experience as a digital leader, who is knowledgeable about digital technologies and has a proven track-record of driving digital sales performance.
• Hands-on approach, with the talent for coaching sales professionals and sales management to maximize their potential and build long-term client relationships.
• Strong organizational and computer skills (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• The ability to guide company strategy and tactics as a member of the executive team.
The Herald-Whig is an award winning seven-day newspaper that is part of a growing, family-owned-and-operated media company dedicated to the communities it serves.
Owned by Quincy Media, Inc.; we offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Attn: Christina Wilson/Human Resources
130 South 5th Street
Quincy, IL 62301
or email to: email@example.com