Date posted: 6/4/19
• Ability to manage others
• Ability to produce news pages, stories, and web content
• Expertise in AP style, command of the English language, grammar
• Post and support posting by staff on various social media and
digital platforms hosted by the newspaper
• Ability to effectively handle newsroom budget and write
• Must be able to make editorial judgments on tight deadline
• Coordinate with other departments and staff to grow the
business; provide timely, accurate information.
The Managing Editor requires planning, assigning and editing daily news stories. Manage and coach newsroom staff, approve time cards, handle disciplinary procedures, perform job evaluations, and make hiring decisions. Attend weekly department head meetings. Lead staff meetings and assign stories for daily paper. Interact with the community and co-workers on a regular basis. Help set
editorial policy, as well as write editorials.